Follow me on: 
Follow us on Facebook Twitter Feed RSS Feed RSS Feed

miscellaneous booking information


If you are going to climb in the Alps, you must make sure that your insurance covers you for the activities.

Most holiday insurance DOES NOT COVER ADVENTUROUS ACTIVITIES. Insurance may be required if you have to be rescued, need medical treatment, or have to be repatriated. Different companies offer very different policies so it is worth taking the time to read the small print !

Also note that even if you have insurance, it will not cover you for solo climbing or climbing unroped. Likewise if you are being guided by someone operating illegally your insurance will be invalidated.

Some specialist insurance firms are listed below:

British Mountaineering Council (BMC members or affiliated clubs only)

Snow Card


  • 100 Finest Routes in the Mont Blanc Massif by Gaston Rebuffat
  • Alpine Climbing by John Barry
  • Extreme Alpinism by Mark Twight

These books can be purchased on-line from the following:



Contact email: